, , , , , , ,

Bistopping (비스토핑)


This past weekend, we left Kimmy to her own devices on a solo-mission to Bistopping (비스토핑) in Hongdae.


Hi! This is Kimmy and I'm here to tell you about my recent adventure to Bistopping.

Okay, so full disclosure: sometimes I like to do things on my own. You know, to do things at your own pace and not feel like you're in a rush or inconveniencing other people. I just wanted to wander around, drink some coffee, and listen to moody-indie playlists on SoundCloud (also: if you're looking for some Korean Indie gems, click here. I got chu~).

Anyway, I've had this cafe on my mind a lot recently - not only because I was creeping on their instagram for a month, but also because I was in dire need of chocolate-y brownie goodness.

Maybe it's just me, but it's a little difficult to find super dense brownies in Korea. I feel like, most of the time, the brownies tend to be more cake-like and fluffy. What I've been craving is that super rich, kind of bitter ganache that glistens like Edward Cullen in the Twilight movies. And yeah, I just went there.

Needless to say, this hankerin' brought me to Bistopping. I knew their ice cream and baked goods looked great prior to my visit (thanks to the internet), but I didn't know that the cafe itself would be absolutely charming.

It's the tiniest thing with all open windows facing the street. You can people watch all you want while the sun is setting (ie. twilight). And yeah, I just went there again. Come at me!

They have the decorated cones on display and menus in multiple languages explaining the steps on how to assemble your custom creation. Since the weather was cold AF, I made a b-line to the baked treats and immediately snatched up a brownie. I also ordered a latte, too, because I could tell from the size and heft of the brownie that I was going to need something to cut the impending sweetness.

So here's the brownie review: It was good.

Again, the issue I had with it was that it was more cake-like than I personally prefer. However, the brownie was drenched in chocolate sauce and sprinkled with truffle-like chunks that were AMAZING. This truly was the saving grace of the brownie and the reason I fell into a dessert coma not long after consumption. I would definitely go back and order it again. I hope it's a year-round thing! *fingers crossed*

The latte was definitely a good choice and made a great compliment to the brownie.

Also, the women working there were so nice! Maybe they felt bad for me because I arrived alone and ate a brownie to the face (that was most likely meant for more than two people). Regardless, I appreciated it and felt really comfortable and welcome.

Long story short, Bistopping has some really great desserts/beverages and the atmosphere is A+

Address

Seoul Mapo-gu
Seogyo-dong 401-16

서울 마포구
서교동 401-16

Directions

Just follow the directions below:
~from the Sangsu subway station (상수역)
  • Go to Exit 1
  • Walk straight down the street until you get to the first big(ish) intersection
  • Turn right for one block
  • Turn left and walk two more blocks
  • The cafe will be on your right


Alternative Directions

If you have Kakao Maps, just type in 「비스토핑 홍대점
If you have Google Maps, just type in "Bistopping"*
*there's more than one location, so make sure you pick the Hongdae (홍대) one!

Participants

Seoul Casserole (instagram) (twitter) (youtube)

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment